D’Agostino & Associates Fights Nursing Home Neglect
Protect Victims of Nursing Home Neglect: Call an Attorney in Brooklyn, NY
You’ve visited your elderly parent at the local nursing home, only to come away feeling concerned. Are staff members treating your loved one properly? You see several bruises and a skin rash that never seems any better, no matter how often you mention it to the attending nurse.
Unfortunately, staffing shortages too often lead to elderly neglect. If you’ve mentioned your concerns but still see evidence of abuse, you need to contact a nursing home neglect attorney. From Staten Island, NY to New Jersey, the law team at D’Agostino & Associates P.C. investigates the problem and helps you regain control of your loved one’s care.
Watch for the Signs
Because neglect often manifests itself in subtle ways at first, it may seem difficult to prove. This issue is compounded by the fact that most victims can’t fully describe the problem. If you have a bad feeling about your loved one’s nursing home care, don’t ignore it.
Watch for any of these warning signs of neglect or abuse:
- Pressure sores (commonly known as bedsores)
- Prolonged rashes
- Strong odors from urine or feces
- Noticeable inattentiveness to a resident’s hygiene/grooming
- Lack of assistance or preventative precautions (particularly if they lead to falls/injuries)
- Tears or scratches on the skin
- Mysterious wounds or bruises
- Fractured bones
- Noticeable weight loss
- Signs of dehydration
- Pronounced isolation and depression
- Fear, anxiety, or unusual mood changes
- Altered communication patterns (stubborn silences, inability to talk)
- General disorientation
- Signs of unwarranted physical or chemical restraints
Although some of the above signs may happen as a part of aging, if you notice multiple problems at once, talk to your nursing home neglect lawyer in Staten Island, NY, Brooklyn, or any of our locations within greater New York and New Jersey.
We care about the level of nursing home care and want to protect innocent victims of abuse. Call for your free consultation at 1-888-245-2924 today.