You are the nice guy. You always give people the benefit of the doubt. Still, you can’t begin to imagine how the driver of that Jeep could just cut you off, clipping your left front, and send you into a ditch. He had to have seen you, but he just sped up and left.
You’re a bit shaken up, but mostly just mad. Now, you have to figure out what to do. Here are some steps you should take right away.
- Make sure you and anyone with you are safe. If it is safe to do so, get off of the roadway and onto the shoulder, as far from the road as possible.
- Set flares to alert other motorists, if necessary.
- Call 911. Call your auto insurance company. Call a tow truck, if needed.
- After everyone is safe, and you have made your phone calls, take pictures of the scene. Look for skid marks and debris from the crash. Do not move anything, unless you need to for safety reasons.
- Do not put yourself in any danger to get these pictures.
When you get home (or to the hospital, if you were injured), give us a call. We give hit and run help and advice to your neighbors in Staten Island and surrounding areas. Your neighbors trust us, and you can too.
You’re the nice guy. Let us be the ones to aggressively pursue the money and compensation you are due because of someone else’s negligence or criminal acts. To find out more about how we can help you make things right, please contact us.
D’Agostino & Associates – The Law Firm that Bites Back